“The best way to land a job is to find out who’s offering them.”
Let’s face it. 2020 hasn’t gotten off to a great start. Commercial establishments are shutting down each day, putting thousands of people out of work. Florida Today reported that unemployment is skyrocketing – the number of unemployment claims in March alone rose by about 70,0000.
But despite the turmoil and uncertainty, there are certain industries that do need workers – now, more than ever.
So if you need a job, and fast, these are the industries you should be exploring:
The retail industry is notoriously fickle. But big, well-equipped retailers that allow people to order their supplies online are doing very, very well. We’ve compiled a list of specific retailers that are looking to hire immediately.
- Walmart has job openings for 150,000 workers. The positions include full-time, part-time and temporary. Thanks to its huge distribution network, job openings are available throughout the country. According to its website, Walmart’s hiring process can take as little as 24 hours.
- CVS stores (including CVS Health) are looking to hire 50,000 workers. Their job openings are incredibly wide-ranging with opportunities for home delivery drivers, customer service representatives and in-store staff.
- Walgreens has 9,500 vacancies across the country for customer service representatives, pharmacy technicians, shift leads, and more.
Grocery stores are under more pressure than ever before. That’s good news for you. In March 2020 (the same month that unemployment claims rose by 70,000), grocery stores were looking to hire 2000 more employees in New York alone. These are the stores you should get in touch with.
- Albertson’s is hiring across the country with job openings in its retail departments, supply chains and corporate positions
- Cosentino’s is hiring for all its store brands including Price Choppers, Sun Fresh and Apple Markets.
- Kroger has openings in all of its chains, including Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, and more.
Delivery services have been growing rapidly in the past few years – largely due to the rise in online purchases. Right now, they are integral to daily life, if not survival. You can always find work through the same apps you currently use (e.g. Uber Eats and GrubHub), but we’ve got a few more names you should check out anyway.
- Instacart is looking to hire 300,000 delivery personnel over the next three months – and that’s the bare minimum. They’re not in it for the short term either. Reports have indicated that Instacart is hoping to double its current number of delivery personnel or shoppers.
- Papa John’s has positions open for 20,000 new employees. They’re hiring right now so head on over tot their website for more details.
- Pizza Hut is looking to hire at least 30,000 new employees across the country. It’s a great option if you need something super-urgently – new employees can start work just hours after being hired.
If you’re looking to find a job immediately, you should definitely check out the options mentioned in this article. But you don’t have to restrict yourself to them. The internet is a powerful tool, allowing you to apply for multiple jobs within minutes. So get that resume ready. Good luck!